My free software activities in february 2020
March is ending but I finally wrote my monthly report about activities in Debian and Free Software in general for February.
As I already wrote here, I attended to FOSDEM 2020 on February 1st and 2nd in Brussels. It was a amazing experience.
After my return to Curitiba, I felt my energies renewed to start new challenges.
MiniDebConf Maceió 2020
I started to talk with Maristela from IEP - Instituto de Engenharia do Paraná and after some messages and I joined a meeting with her and other members of Câmara Técnica de Eletrônica, Computação e Ciências de Dados.
I explained about FLISOL in Curitiba to them and they agreed to host the event at IEP. I asked to use three spaces: Auditorium for FLISOL talks, Salão Nobre for meetups from WordPress and PostgreSQL Communities, and the hall for Install Fest.
Besides FLISOL, they would like to host other events and meetups from Communities in Curitiba as Python, PHP, and so on. At least one per month.
I helped to schedule a PHP Paraná Community meetup on March.
Since 17th I started to work at Rentcars as Infrastructure Analyst. I’m very happy to work there because we use a lot of FLOSS and with nice people.
Ubuntu LTS is the approved OS for desktops but I could install Debian on my laptop :-)
I signed pgp keys from friends I met in Brussels and I had my pgp key signed by them.
Finally my MR to the DebConf20 website fixing some texts was accepted.
I have watched vídeos from FOSDEM
- Until now, I saw these great talks:
- Growing Sustainable Contributions Through Ambassador Networks
- Building Ethical Software Under Capitalism
- Cognitive biases, blindspots and inclusion
- Building a thriving community in company-led open source projects
- Building Community for your Company’s OSS Projects
- The Ethics of Open Source
- Be The Leader You Need in Open Source
- The next generation of contributors is not on IRC
- Open Source Won, but Software Freedom Hasn’t Yet
- Open Source Under Attack
- Lessons Learned from Cultivating Open Source Projects and Communities
That’s all folks!