My free software activities in january 2020
Hello, this is my first monthly report about activities in Debian and Free Software in general.
Since the end of DebConf19 in July 2020 I was avoiding to work in Debian stuff because the event was too stresseful to me. For months I felt discouraged to contribute to the project, until December.
On december I watched two news video tutorials from João Eriberto about:
- Debian Packaging - using git and gbp, parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Debian Packaging with docker, parts 1 and 2
Since then, I decided update my packages using gbd and docker and it have been great. On December and January I worked on these following packages.
I did QA Uploads of:
I adopted and packaged new release of:
- ddir 2019.0505 closing bugs #903093 and #920066.
I packaged new releases of:
I packaged new upstream versions of:
- butt 0.1.18
- flask-socketio 4.2.1 closing bugs #879631, #895967, 896360 and #943059
- kytos-utils 2019.2 closing bugs #887118 and #948185
- python-engineio 3.11.1 closing bug #932538
- python-openflow 2019.2
I backported to buster-backports:
- butt 0.1.18
MiniDebConf Maceió 2020
I helped to edit the MiniDebConf Maceió 2020 website.
I wrote the sponsorship brochure and I sent it some brazilian companies.
I sent a post to Debian Micronews.
I sent a message to UFPR Education Director asking him if we could use the Campus Rebouças auditorium to organize FLISOL there on april, but he denied. We still looking for a place to FLISOL.
I started to study DevOps culture and for that, I watch a lot of vídeos from LINUXtips
MiniDebCamp in Brussels
At MiniDebCamp my mostly interest was to join the DebConf Vídeo Team sprint to learn how to setup a voctomix and gateway machine to be used in MiniDebConf Maceió 2020. I could setup the Video Team machine installing Buster and using ansible playbooks. It was a very nice opportunity to learn how to do that.
A complete report from DebConf Video Team can be read here.
I wrote a diary (in portuguese) telling each of all my days in Brussels. It can be read starting here. I intend to write more in english about MiniDebCamp and FOSDEM in a specific post.
Many thanks to Debian for sponsor my trip to Brussels. It’s a unique opportunity to go to Europe to meet and to work with a lot of DDs.
I did a MR to the DebConf20 website fixing some texts.
I joined the WordPress Meetup
I joined a live streaming from Comunidade Debian Brasil to talk about MiniDebConf Maceió 2020.
I deleted the Agenda de eventos de Sofware Livre e Código Aberto because I wasn’t receiving events to add there, and I was not having free time to publicize it.
I started to write the list of FLOSS events for 2020 that I keep in my website for many years.
Finally I have watched vídeos from DebConf19. Until now, I saw these great talks:
- Bastidores Debian - entenda como a distribuição funciona
- Benefícios de uma comunidade local de contribuidores FLOSS
- Caninos Loucos: a plataforma nacional de Single Board Computers para IoT
- Como obter ajuda de forma eficiente sobre Debian
- Comunidades: o bom o ruim e o maravilhoso
- O Projeto Debian quer você!
- A newbie’s perspective towards Debian
- Bits from the DPL
- I’m (a bit) sick of maintaining piuparts.debian.org (mostly) alone, please help
That’s all folks!